Sherington Primary School
At Sherington we bring learning to life by linking our bespoke curriculum to the real world and our local environment. Exciting and interesting projects engage children. Which is why our curriculum ensures that all children are given opportunities to explore, investigate, question and hypothesise.
Wherever possible we encourage children to plan the direction of their learning. We aim to investigate challenging issues and topics, often in the context of real world problems. The tailor made curriculum provies outstanding opportunities for enrichment through a very wide range of visits and visitors; special days and themed weeks across the school.
We are a community who learn and grow together. We support parents and carers to understand their children’s learning – helping them to feel empowered to support their children’s education at home.
The curriculum at Sherington will:
- Help children to understand the world in which they live and their place within it
- Always promote the highest standards in all subjects
- Develop a wide range of skills and broaden children’s life experience
- Enable all children to become resilient, co-operative and to be able to work collaboratively
- Develop children’s self-confidence, personal development and their capacity for self-directed learning and independence.